Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Polecat Cold

Today is a cold, cold day in Munich. Snow is falling again. It’s really quite beautiful. All the anxieties of work disappear when I’m outside in it. Of course, I have to bundle up well to endure it. Fortunately, I have an excellent thick coat that keeps me warm even when the temp is far below freezing.

But I made a small mistake a few days back that came back to haunt me: I left a heavily used handkerchief in my pocket. This is usually no worry, but this time, the handkerchief took on a rank, rotting smell, and everything about the coat smells like a skunk. I need to coat, but I think I will first have to let it hang outside my window and let the snow cleanse away the stink.

5 comments:

Eileen said...

Everytime I see or smell a skunk, I am flooded with memories of us working over at the Robert Moore place taking tobacco off. When I read your blog, that's the first thing that crossed my mind!

Looking forward to seeing you in a month!

Blumentopf said...

When we meet in April, I promise to be wearing my OTHER coat. Any thoughts of that Robert Moore place give me the creeps.
TT

Alice and Jay said...

Who was Robert Moore anyway? I always kinda thought Robert Moore was lurking in the woods waiting to spook me. Across that old railroad track and in the middle of the woods....

Alice and Jay said...

Who was Robert Moore anyway? I always kinda thought Robert Moore was lurking in the woods waiting to spook me. Across that old railroad track and in the middle of the woods....

Blumentopf said...

I just googled Robert Moore. The first hit said he is an internationally know Jungian psychoanalyst. That probably explains away most of the creepiness of that place. Never knew whether I would get out of that house alive!
TT