Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Well Dell

So back to the word world for a while. I just unpacked and got my spiffy new Dell computer set up and running. To be honest, it has been sitting in the middle of the floor for a month, just waiting for me to get around to it. I had the time, but not the courage. All the wires that must be hooked up and software installed is menacing, menacing to me.

But, to my surprise, everything worked smoothly on my first try. I found all the right connectors for the wires and all the software programs let themselves be installed error-free on my first attempt.

But I have not let this go to my head. In reality, I know that Dell has simply gotten so good at eliminating those nagging little headaches that even an amateur like me can succeed. So kudos to Dell (and that may be the one and only time that I ever praise a computer company).

2 comments:

Amanda & Walker said...

So glad you got it hooked up with no problems. I just got a new cell phone. Mama was being extra nice by charging it for me and then when I got it I continuted to charge it. Little did we know, but the battery was still in the box. So between the two of us, the phone charged for a good 8 hours to do all of nothing but show us a picture on the screen that there was no battery. Did either of us see it??? Of course not.

Blumentopf said...

I heard that you really need a pair of 3-D glasses to see that picture. That's one naughty phone!!