Wednesday, July 09, 2008

downsizing

To be honest, I have given up on seeing the big picture. There must surely be people out there who have conquered this challenge, though I'm not sure that I have ever encountered one. If so, they didn't let me know. Perhaps they were just being kind, as they stood by and watched me spin round and round in my own tiny picture, fully aware that I'd never get it even if it were spelled out for me.

So, I've decided to focus on the little picture. Doing so leaves me a lot more content at the end of the day. Just knowing that the four sides I see border in everything I need to concern myself with. Getting out bed in the morning, switching on the TV, deciding whether to drink tea or coffee, showing up at work, sitting at my desk the entire day, coming home, watching some TV after dinner, climbing into bed, switching off the light, dream and snore. There. It's indeed all that simple. No woulda, shoulda, coulda. Just did, did, did.

1 comment:

Alice and Jay said...

If this is the former Mark Hallman, this comment is for you. I often think of you, I often miss you! Your thoughts and words are as intoxicating to me as they have always been. Perhaps I share a few of those odd voices that whisper in your head and it seems the older i become the louder they whisper! I truly miss you and only have wonderful memories of growing up in awe of you. I love you-alice