Monday, April 12, 2010

6 5 4 3 2....

Hurray! I’m packed! For some reason, it didn’t seem so difficult this time. Perhaps that’s because I gave myself an entire day to get the job done. Usually, I wait until the last minute and then frantically try to put together what I need. This time, I just made it a simple, easy task, or at least a sequence of simple, easy tasks.

One thing I’ve learned over the years is just to pare down the contents of my suitcase to the bare minimum. Once on the road, I rarely miss the niceties that I could have loaded into the suitcase, but then things get so complicated and problematic for me and everyone else. Besides, lugging around a heavy suitcase is just something that a rational person should know better.

Now I can sleep well tonight and then, tomorrow, when the time comes, hail a cab to the airport. Sure, that’s a luxury, but it is also a good step to ensure that the last few minutes before the flight leaves are spent waiting to load the plane, not rushing through the airport to try to catch it before it leaves. I love it when things go as planned!

5 comments:

Betty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty said...

Poor Eileen had not even started when I texted her around 2:30 this afternoon. Maybe you should come over to Georgia to get the girls ready and fly back to Italy with them. I hope all of you have fun!

Alice and Jay said...

I have my bags packed too! Walking to the hotel in Venice last time forced me to take a new approach to packing. PACK LIGHT. Can't wait to see you on Wednesday. I'll be the one in the limo with 'poker face' blaring on the radio!!

Eileen said...

Its 7:00 am Tuesday and I'm still not packed! Gotta get it done right now!

Blumentopf said...

Alice,

I love the Magnolia Pearl dresses. They made you look breezy and carefree. Hmmm...does she make any for men???