Monday, November 02, 2009

Water Wonder

The bathroom in my apartment is very small, with only enough room for a shower. Usually, that is just fine with me. I never was much of a tub bather. A quick shower is all I need.

However, there are times when a tub bath is the perfect medicine for a ragged soul. Just the luxury of lying there in warm water, letting you spirit relax.

So I found myself on a mission to get a tub in my bathroom. But I didn’t want to go to all the trouble of having to get a permit to install one. To find a solution, I headed down to a Home Depot-like store here to see what they had.

There was nothing suitable in their bath department. Everything there would have required a plumber and a lot of headaches.

So I decided to see what might be available in the garden center. Indeed, I saw several large pails and buckets that might do, but they were all just a bit small.
Then my eyes fell on a large, solid, plastic pail that is supposed to be used as a water reservoir in fountain installation. It is round, a little more than a yard wide and 20 inches deep. It was big enough for me to crouch down in and also to lie down in.

I immediately bought the thing, brought in home on the bus (lots of concerned stares), set it up, and filled it with hot water and a sudsy bath soap. It proved to be perfect: deep enough to soak in!

Here are a few pictures of the water wonder:






3 comments:

Alice and Jay said...

fabo! You must see a picture of the "tub" that I installed in the upstairs of my store. It is a cow trough. Sadly, Jay moved in and i have not had the pleasure of a long soak in my trough!

Betty said...

Growing up on a farm has its advantages! What others see as an outside object, we country people know it has many uses! Will laundry be done in there next?

Blumentopf said...

Alice,

JAY's is much cooler than mine! Reckon we could talk him into a swap??

Betty,
You are so right! The city people I mentioned this to were all horrified, and I thought I was being an innovative fellow.