Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Dreams of a Non-Smoker

Last night, I had another flying dream. This one lasted for a long time. I was flying from one situation and location to another. All the flying got me in trouble a couple of times. In one situation, I was scheduled to go to dinner with a couple from my job, but I was so busy flying that I completely forgot about it until midnight, at which point the couple had long given up on me.

But another situation was very pleasant. I was flying above bundles of freshly cured tobacco. In fact, the tobacco was still warm and giving off enough heat that I felt the warmth even though I was 50 feet high. But the best part was the aroma. The smell of the just-out-of-the-barn tobacco was rich and lovely. This sort of surprises me because I generally detest anything related to tobacco. The odor of cigarettes and cigars is enough to make me go ballistic. I just have to escape as fast as I can. But in the dream, I let myself drift and float above the tobacco for a long time, just enjoying the moment and the aroma.

2 comments:

Alice and Jay said...

I remember that aroma! AHHH to fly and smell -that is the stuff that dreams are made of!

Blumentopf said...

I hear that only the few and lucky got the "fly-and-smell-dream" gene.