Saturday, November 14, 2009

decisions, decisions, decisions

I’m currently focused on my next project: an extended trip through ITALY!!! I have about 6 weeks of vacation time to take, and I’m going to use as many as those days as possible traveling through my favorite country.

So far, I have planned a week in Pompeii followed by a week in Sicily. I’m currently analyzing locations on the east coast of Italy as possible destinations for a 3rd week. If possible, I would also like to spend a week in Venice (I can’t get enough of that place!). Given the time I am on a train, I’m looking at a total of 4 weeks in the country.

I know very little about the east coast of Italy. It’s certainly not one of the tourist sites you hear a lot about, but I think it has a lot to offer. I’m considering visiting the cities of Bari, Trani, Foggia, Rimini, Ravenna. To be honest, I have heard of any of them. But I bought a very good tourist book that introduces me to all of them. Now, I will have to begin to pare down my list. To see everything would take months.

That may sound overwhelming, but my personal rule as a tourist. Never try to see everything that a place has to offer. Instead, leave some for a second or third visit. It will be worth it!

3 comments:

Betty said...

It sounds wonderful! I hope you have fun.

Amanda & Walker said...

I wish I had that much vacation time and then I would have to tag along. I plan to save some time up and make a trip over the pond!

Blumentopf said...

I invite both of you to join me! Even for a few days. Italy is always beautiful no matter what time of the year you visit it!
TT