Wednesday, August 19, 2009



This is a picture of the very, very, very expensive glass pig that I bought in Venice. I don't know why I bought him, but I liked him and bought him. Just that simple. So now he resides in the middle of my desk at work, where I can consult him about troubling issues. He doesn't talk (or grunt) much, but he is an extraordinarily good listener. I get the sense that my fellow co-workers find all of this a little unusual, because the pig has been sitting there for more than a month now, and not a one of them has asked about him or even commented. Just plain, simple, beautiful silence.

3 comments:

Amanda & Walker said...

I love that pig! It would bring a smile to my face everyday if I had one at work.

Betty said...

After having a real pet pig, I think a glass one is the perfect pet. No messes to clean up and you don't have to feed it!

Alice and Jay said...

I believe that this particular pig was surely blown by the master of master glass blowers employed by the signorella glass blowing factory on the island of Murano. It was worth every euro!!! I hear that they are so good at that factory because there isn't ANYTHING else on the whole island to do. If you visit, you may as well just go to the factory, buy glass, and then boat on over to Burano.
Does he have a name yet? He is really very handsome and a perfect companion for work but he looked a little precarious on top of that monitor...