Saturday, March 28, 2009

Kerli Time

This is my favorite video of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK_vg5NFV-E&NR=1

I'm not sure whether I will still like it tomorrow, but it is certainly worth several more views until then.

The artist is a young lady named "Kerli." Before I ever saw her video, I heard one of the MTV anchors talking about the "Kerli video," and I immediately thought that Kerli must be a new rap artist. Boy was I wrong! This video comes completely out of non-rap field. Instead, the tune is a catchy little Gothic music song, dark but amusing. Kerli's look-and-style seems to derive from Bjork, April Lavigne, and Lady Gaga...plus Alice in Wonderland.

Kerli comes from Estonia, and I have to admit that I don't know any other singer or bands that hail from there. A lot of good stuff is coming out of the former East Bloc and Scandinavian countries these days.

Another band worth looking at is Empire of the Sun. Here's their video "Walking on a Dream". (Hmmm...must be my day for "Walking" videos!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmM2RwlxGt0

1 comment:

Alice and Jay said...

You must a have a satellite for your tv that picks up videos from other planets! We don't get these on our sets here in Georgia!!