Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cat Swimming

OK. I admit it. I'm a white-collar guy with a blue-collar mind. The bank is constantly beseeching me to invest in some fancy retirement package. But I can't deal with it. All that caution and planning and foresight. It gives me a caged feeling, like a catfish swimming round and round in the fisherman's bucket. The end is gonna come one way or another. It's so crystal clear that someone else is going to skin me that I can't understand why I should do it to myself. I wish I had been a soldier in Alexander the Great's army. Fight and die. With glory. Stay on the road 11 months of the year. No cell phone. No blackberry. No grocery store sushi. Win a war, lose a leg. Those were the days. I just keep swimming, round and round, nervously pulling at my whiskers.

No comments: