Saturday, April 25, 2009

duu-du-du-DUUU-duuu

While in Italy earlier this month with Cousins A. and K., I proved to be absolutely hopeless as a companion on evening excursions. By 8:00 p.m. every day, I had completely run out of energy. My only thought was "Go to bed! Go to Bed!". And that's exactly what I did. Sleep was fast in arriving.

That left Cousins A. and K. up to their own resources when it came to evening entertainment. Of course, the thought of two females who did not know Italian nor the ways of Italians roaming around the streets of Florence, Cortona and Venice alone after dark was understandably a bit unsettling.

So their only option was to find something to keep them busy in their hotel room. One of their favorite activities was to play word puzzles.

But even that can get boring after a while. So A. and K. usually resorted to the old standby activity that all of us know oh-so well: Watch TV.

That's why I'm dedicating the link below to Cousins A. and K. When you click on it or, if necessary, paste it to your browser, a page will open that says "Video download" about halfway down. Click on the first picture on the left directly under it. This was one of Cousins A. and K.'s most memorable not-so-high highlights of their otherwise highly enjoyable romp around Italy.

http://www.croatia.hr/English/Multimedija/Video.aspx

.

2 comments:

Alice and Jay said...

Words could not begin to express my gratitude for that clip! I will hold it dear to my ear and store it safely in my treasure chest.

Blumentopf said...

Dear Alice,

I will pass your feedback along to the Croatia Ministry of Tourism. They will be thrilled to hear this!

thorsten