Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pea-Ventor Wanted

One of my favorite foods is green peas. I also like them with carrots. The green and orange color scheme is half the fun. The combined effect is either very English or very Japanese (read: sushi).

Yet, I am surprised that the fun stops there. There are so many other colors left untapped: blue, red, yellow, indigo, violet, and numerous shades inbetween. This seems like it would be an instant hit on the foods market. Just think, a bowl of peas covering the entire color spectrum. I bet a lot of people would buy them, and not only families with children. I know I would. And I bet all our troops in different parts of the world would enjoy the cheerful, kidlike pleasure of having one corner of their mess hall platter filled with ROYGBIV peas. Some of the more inventive of them would probably even try out their architectural skills with the peas, much as they did with mult-colored building blocks when little kids.

ROYGBIV peas would also stir up memories of Lifesavers and M&Ms. They could even be used in psychological evaluations. Highly regimented personalities would quickly be revealed: They would probably divide the peas up into single-color groups, and the most rigid of these personalities would create pyramids or circles, etc., of the individual groups.

Chaotic personalities would madly mix the entire bowl of peas so that absolutely no pattern of order would be recognizable. And the more chaotic the personality, the more the peas would end up on the table, on the chair, in the drinking glass, and on the floor.

Then there would be all the other personalities that occupy the scale between the above two extremes.

But first someone has to take the step to invent the above idea. I'm to lazy, plus I know too little about botanicals. Anyone out there want to take the next step?

P.S.: Putting a tiny little smiley face on each pea would also be a good idea!

1 comment:

Alice and Jay said...

Peas and carrots were the only dish that I ever prepared in my playhouse kitchen. Every time I pulled out that imaginary pot, it was to prepare a lovely dish of peas and carrots. That green just looked so good with the orange. Remember when Joy painted her bed green and orange? It was so appealing. I still have dreams of that bed and those colors! alice