Wednesday, August 20, 2008

True Grits

While at work, er, I mean at the bus stop today, I tried to think of all the phrases I know containing the word "rice", and to replace "rice" with the word "grits". Here's what I came up with:

Condoleezza Grits, Grits-a-Roni, Sushi Grits, Chinese Grits, Grits Pudding, Fried Grits, Chicken-and-Grits, Grits University, Steamed Grits, Grits Paddy, Wild Grits, Basmati Grits, Anne Grits, Grits and Gravy, Long-Grain Grits, Mahatma Grits, Brown Grits, White Grits, Grits Noodles, Boiled Grits, Puffed Grits, Grits Porridge, Grits Gruel, Parboiled Grits, Minute Grits, Grits Terrace, Grits Plantation, Grits Shortage, Jasmine Grits, Saki Grits, Patna Grits, Black Beans and Grits, Pringles Grits, Grits Pilaf, Spanish Grits, Curried Grits, Creole Grits, Grits Cakes, Edgar Grits Burroughs, Jerry Grits, Grits Krispies...

And there are sure to be more. But I've gotta go back to work, er, get on the bus.

No comments: